The Flying 15 insurance scheme for Members is provided by UKGlobal, which has provided insurance for UKFFA Members for over 20 years.
UKGlobal also provide valuable sponsorship to UKFFA each year.
UKGlobal has advised that the sale of MS Amlin’s yacht operation was finally completed in January 2021, and whilst the insurance policy is still underwritten by MS Amlin Insurance SE, the Haven Knox-Johnston brand has been relaunched.
Co-founded in 1986 by Chris Knox-Johnston, brother of the sailing legend Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, Haven Knox-Johnston grew to be one of the most recognised brands in UK boating circles. Re-branded MS Amlin in 2016, following its acquisition by MS & AD, the Haven Knox-Johnston name has now been restored with a personal approach to boat insurance. Paul Knox-Johnston, Business Development Manager and son of the late founder Chris Knox-Johnston takes an active interest in the UKFFA Insurance Scheme.
Member Craft Insurance Scheme 2021 - 22
The 2021 -22 terms have been negotiated on behalf of the UKFFA with the following key points:
- A 5% reduction in the premium rates subject to no claims in the expiring period.
- A standard £250 excess to be applied to all policies, with a scale of policy excess reduction applying depending on number of years continuous insurance with Haven Knox-Johnston/MS Amlin.
- No Claims Bonus (NCB) will become protected automatically once 5 years NCB is reached at no additional premium.
- New-for-old cover on sails, covers, masts, spars and rigging.
- A £20 Administration Fee is removed for Members of UKFFA.
- 10% discount for new customers subject to having sailed a Flying 15 in the last 12 months without making an insurance claim.
- A multi-craft discount of 10%.
Standard Policy Terms and Conditions apply.
To obtain a personal quote for your craft, please call on 01883 333 512 OR
Download and complete the Quotation Form and email a copy to Jerry Dungate at UK Global.
The UK Flying 15 Association is an Introducer Appointed Representative of UKGlobal Risk Solutions Limited. UKGlobal is a trading style of UKGlobal Risk Solutions Limited. UKGlobal Risk Solutions Limited is registered as a company in England and Wales No. 05926710. Registered office: 1 City Road East, Manchester, United Kingdom, M15 4PN.
UKGlobal Risk Solutions Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Firm Reference Number 460003.
MS Amlin Underwriting Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority – Registration Number 312292.