This event is being run in combination with the French FF National Championships, by the French Navy!
There are many sailing classes in France that hold their national championships on this weekend in the Finistaire area. The FF fleet will be sharing with at least the Open 5.70s and if our numbers are below 40 then with another fleet as well. This gives us the chance to show ourselves off to other fleets and help our French friends to grow.
The schedule for this event is below;
- Sat 16, Sun 17, Mon 18, Tue 19 May: boats can arrive, launch (using the slipway) and use the facilities at Morgat
- Registration and launching by crane: Wed 20 all day and Thu 21 morning
- Briefing: Thu 21 around noon
- Thu 21 afternoon: racing
- Thu 21 evening: apéritif and dinner in Morgat
- Fri 22: racing
- Fri 22 evening: dinner in Morgat
- Sat 23: racing
- Sat 23 evening: prize giving party and dinner for all classes at the Ecole Navale in Lanvéoc
- Sun 24 morning: craning of boats.
The reasoning behind this is that Thursday is Ascension Day in Europe and a Public Holiday. People also take the Friday as holiday to make a long weekend.
Accomodation is provided by the French Navy as part of the entry fee; however many of us Brits will probably wish to have something more luxurious, like a private bathroom!
The registration website will be live from late January, and a notice will be published by UKFFA pointing to this.