21 April 2020 Keith Jamieson 538 News Articles, Your News, Open Meetings Update to Events Postponed Previous Article Update on the Europeans 2020 Next Article Some thoughts on trailer bearings UKFFA Championship events 2020 – Coronavirus situation as at 20th April We have been in contact with all the host venues for our five Championship events this year in order to gauge the extent to which the coronavirus might impact them. There is clear agreement with each venue that an event should not go ahead if it would be contrary to government guidelines or would be a risk to competitors, organisers or helpers. At the moment many clubs have closed their doors anyway and the question arises as to when they might open again. World Championship - With delays inevitable to our qualifiers it will be very unlikely that if the Worlds goes ahead as planned, we can run a qualifying series. In this case, if you are thinking of attending please contact the secretary as soon as possible. Many will have seen the Facebook and FFI website articles, indicating that an announcement on the future of the event as to whether it will proceed as scheduled. This decision will be made in August, so please don’t make any travel arrangements just yet. The current situation for each of our events is as follows: May 16/17 – Southern Championship at Weymouth & Portland Sailing Academy The Southern Championship will NOT be held on 16/17 May. WPNSA is following the RYA recommendation not to hold events during May. At present we cannot say whether it will be possible to reschedule the event. May 21/23 - European Championship at Crozon Morgat Brittany This event is now cancelled, we have no details as yet about where and when this event will be held, more details as we get them June 6/7 – Inland Championship at Grafham Water Sailing Club The Inland Championship will NOT be held on 6/7 June. The water authority has closed Grafham Water. The club will be looking at options to reschedule the event for later in the year and we will, of course, update you when we have further information. June 20/21 – Scottish Championship at Holy Loch Sailing Club This Scottish Championship will NOT be held on June 20th - 21st, we are currently considering options to transfer this event to a date later in the year, there may be a change of venue. July 4/5 – Northern Championship at Bassenthwaite Sailing Club A decision about this event will be deferred for the moment and we will provide an update by mid-May. July 30 – August 2 – Championship of the British Isles and Classic National Championship at Hayling Island Sailing Club The situation will be kept under review and we will provide an update early in June. Rate article 2.5 Rate this article: 2.5 Tags championship 2020 Share Print Switch article Update on the Europeans 2020 Previous Article Some thoughts on trailer bearings Next Article Related articles Nationals Preview First Competitors Arrive Scottish Championships Kipford Northern Championship Northern Championship and Waples Wines Traveller Comment Collapse Expand Comments (0) You don't have permission to post comments.