21 April 2020 Webmaster 285 UK FFA Announcements, Europeans Update on the Europeans 2020 Previous Article F15 Trailer and Launching Tips Next Article Update to Events Postponed Impact of Covid-19 in France An update from Michel following discussions with the Ecole Navale & Fédération Française de Voile - "I spoke to commander Daoulas yesterday, and although it isn’t public yet he was able to confirm that the Ecole Navale and the Fédération Française de Voile have just taken the decision to cancel the 2020 GPEN (Grand Prix de l’Ecole Navale). They’re planning to make the announcement tomorrow. This is not really a surprise, as the lockdown measures have been extended in most European countries; in France, they will be progressively relaxed only after May 11th. And it seems unlikely that any event gathering more than 50 people can be allowed before mid-September. We spoke about the possibility of postponing our Europeans to 2021. In which case the GPEN would be more than happy to host the event. To be able to have us this year, they re-organized the spread of classes within the different racing sites, and they’re ready to do the same for next year. I’ll speak with the Commodore and Secretary, and see if they think the postponement to May 2021 could be a good idea." This now supersedes info below "All together, for several weeks, we have faced an unprecedented health crisis, which, beyond the human tragedies it generates, profoundly upsets our rhythms of life and our projects, requires us more than ever to act responsibly. . In this context, the President and the members of the Grand Prix Association of the Naval Academy, in association with all the partners and actors of the event, are keen to express their support to all people with COVID- 19 and their warmest thanks to all those, civilians and soldiers, who are engaged together in the fight against this pandemic. Adaptation becomes the watchword of our action. Attentive to the evolution of government directives, in conjunction with the FFVoile and the Naval Academy, we remain resolutely active and optimistic, and continue to organize the event to be there if it can take place. When the situation becomes clearer, we will keep informed, on April 20 at the latest, all the actors concerned by the decision: mayors of the municipalities, delegated organizing authorities, partners, class presidents, crews etc ... In the meantime, we wish reassure crews who wish to register or who are already registered: if the GPEN - Championship of France Monotypes Habitables 2020 could not take place, the sums which they will have paid will be fully reimbursed. " Rate article No rating Rate this article: No rating Tags Europeans Crozon Morgat 2020 Share Print Switch article F15 Trailer and Launching Tips Previous Article Update to Events Postponed Next Article Related articles 2020 UK Nationals now in October Entries open for 2020 Flying Fifteen Europeans at Morgat in Finistaire FF World 2020 now issued Travel to Riva del Garda – Hints and tips (and Tolltickets.com) European Championship in Holland: NOR available and Entry open Comment Collapse Expand Comments (0) You don't have permission to post comments.